Windsor Smith Pty Limited ACN 004 353 977 and its affiliated companies, (“we, “us” or “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This policy together with our website terms and conditions, https://www.windsorsmith.com.au/terms-and-conditions, will inform you as to how we collect and process your personal information through your use of and access to this website.
3. Third party links
4. The personal information we collect about you
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity of the individual has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and process personal information about you, including:
· identity information, including name, title, company name, job title, gender and date of birth;
· technical and usage information, including through cookies, being details of your visits to or from this website, including where you came from, whether you accessed from a marketing campaign or directly, what search engine you used, links clicked and keywords used, and also your geographic location, traffic data, location data, preferences, website usage, page visits, browsing activity and other requests, comments or communication information.
5. If you fail to provide personal information
If you choose not to provide the personal information as requested, we may not be able to supply you with our products or services or the functionality of our website may be limited and certain personalised features of this website cannot be provided to you.
6. How is your personal information collected?
We use different methods to collect information from and about you including through:
o become a VIP member orparticipate in our member activities and promotions;
o subscribe to our service or publications;
o enter a competition, promotion or survey;
o request marketing to be sent to you or respond to it;
o give us feedback; or
o submit payments via our website;
· your interactions and use of our website, such as your location data, website usage and other communication data.
7. Purposes for which we will collect or use your personal information
We collect and use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
· to register you as a new user and/or customer;
· to process, manage and deliver your orders, or otherwise fulfil our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
· to enable you to participate in competitions or promotions sponsored by us, or complete a survey, and to offer those to you;
· to administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data);
· to conduct and analyse market research;
· to use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences; and
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods, services and offers that may be of interest to you where you have opted in to receive such marketing information.
8. Third party marketing
Unless we have another lawful means for processing your personal information, we will obtain your opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any company outside of the Windsor Smithgroup of companiesfor promotional and marketing purposes.
9. Storage and security of your personal information
The information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a location in Australia or outside Australia.
We aim to have appropriate security measures, which aims to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know and who have a duty to process your personal information on our instructions and in accordance with applicable law to keep it confidential.
We have put in place procedures aimed to deal with any known or suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
10. Disclosure of your personal information
We may share your personal information with the persons set out below:
· any member of the Windsor Smith Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
· third parties who help us to administer this website (such as our internet service providers and those who provide marketing services for us);
· third parties who help us to process payments on our website and in-store (such as Afterpay or PayPal);
· professional advisers, including lawyers, bankers, auditors, audit assessors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance or accounting services;
· third parties, including authorities, where we are legally obliged to disclose your personal information to them.
The cookies that we use fall into certain categories:
11.1. Technical: These are essential cookies that support the technical functionality of our website.
11.2. Analytics/Performance: We or third parties acting on our behalf use analytics software (such as Google Analytics) for tracking and reporting of website traffic or to manage web page code used for tracking and analytics on our websites. This information can be used to gain customer insight and improve the way our site works. Google Analytics does not collect any personal information.
11.3. Targeting/Advertising: Some cookies enable us to offer to you online interest-based ads.
Some of our cookies are provided by third parties and they are subject to their privacy policies.
If you wish to restrict, block or delete cookies from us or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different so check the help menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Any of your preferences will be lost if you delete cookies (including where you have opted out from cookies as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set).
12. How long do we retain your personal information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
13. Your rights
Subject to our compliance with applicable laws, you have the right:
· to request us to access and/or correct your personal information;
· to request us to restrict the processing or object to the processing of your personal information; and
· to withdraw your consent that allows us to use or process your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us as set out below in section 14. We will not however be able to comply with your requests to the extent that it would cause us to breach any applicable laws or legal requirements with which we are required to comply.
13.1. No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights) under applicable law. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
13.2. What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to help speed up our response.
13.3. Time limit to respond
We will try to respond to all legitimate written requests by you regarding your personal information as soon as practicable. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will let you know and keep you updated.
· By post: Windsor Smith Pty Ltd, 78-86 Western Ave, Westmeadows VIC 3049.