Windsor Smith is an Australian leading fashion footwear brand and they are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable and commercially focused qualified Accountant, along with good communication skills that will see you as a successful candidate.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Report to Directors of the Company
- Work closely with the Finance Director to supervise and manage the Finance and Admin team, and ensure the integrity of the Finance and Admin aspects of the business.
- Review monthly financial accounts and ensure the accounts are correct and reconciled
- Prepare monthly management reports and commentaries
- Prepare and lodge monthly ABS Surveys, PAYG, BAS and Income Tax, bimonthly NZ GST Return and quarterly UK VAT return.
- Prepare annual FBT and Tax return alongside the external accountants
- Prepare work papers for Year End Audit and liaise with the external auditors
- Supervise and control the month end stock take
- Assist in annual insurance renewal, contract management and lease management
- Performance product related costings and margin analysis
- Liaise with internal stakeholders including General Manager and managers of various departments
- Liaise with external stakeholders including Bank, Shopping Centres, Insurance Broker, Key suppliers and customers
- Ad Hoc duties
- Hours 8am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
The candidate must be/have:
- Qualified Accountant
- Sound knowledge in accounting principles and standards
- Highly experienced in Financial Accounts reconciliations and review
- Excellent management reporting experience and skills
- Excellent skills in utilising ERP system and accounting software, experience of both AP21 and MYOB is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and good computer skills
- Experience and good knowledge with multi-currency environment
- Experience and good knowledge in maintaining financial accounts for multi-company structure and inter- company transactions reconciliations
- Experience in both Retail and Wholesale sector is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Exceptional attention to details, proactive attitude and the ability to work autonomously and promptly
If you feel you can contribute and have the desire to be part of our dynamic company please Apply Online!